|In the City of Maputo:
- The House of Iron, transported to Maputo from the Universal Exhibition of Paris; Av. Samora Machel.
- The botanical gardens of Tunduru on Av Samora Machel with its doorway built in the Manueline style;
- The Fort of Nª Senhora da Conceição situated in Praça 25 de Junho (25th June Square) whitch has been turned into a military museum;
- The Central Market, known as “ Bazar da Baixa “, built in 1901, suplies fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs and a wide variety of handicraft can be purchased there; Av. 25 de Setembro.
- The Catholic Cathedral built in 1944 situated in Praça da Independência and facing the Centro Cultural Franco-Moçambicano;
- The Mosque, built at the beginning of the XX century;
- The Railway Station built at the beginning of the XX century, in “Praça dos Trabalhadores” in side of CFM.
- The “Yellow House” in Rua Consiglieri Pedroso was the seat of the first Colonial Government. Today it is the Money Museum;
- The Natural History Museum a gothic style building in Praça Travessia do Zambeze, displays many of the animal species natural to Mozambique and a collection, considered unique in the world, of elephant fetuses showing the different months of gestation.
-The National Art Museum with collections of art and sculptures of Mozambique artists in Av. Ho Chi Min.
- The National Geology Museum, in Av. de 24 Julho;
- The Revolution Museum, in Av. 24 de Julho;
- The Fish Market, in Av. da Marginal.
- Inhaca Island,15 minutes from Maputo by air, or 3 hours by boat with magnificent coral reefs and the interesting Marine Biology Museum.
- The “Pequenos Libombos “ Dam, built on the River Umbelúzi in Boane.
- The Maputo special Reserve, south of the city, on the way to Ponta do Ouro, is famous for its elephant herds and the bands of flamingos to be seen on the lakes that have formed near the coast.
- In Namaacha the magnificent waterfall, located in beautiful natural surroundings.